Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Training – The OM Practice
The sound OM is a primordial sound that all life emanates from and returns to. OM itself is the cycle of life – creation – duration – death – return to source – creation – duration – death – return to source.
The vibration, the sound, the way it is written…every aspect of OM communicates this cycle and this teaching. Our struggles or suffering in life are a result of fighting this cycle of life.
The OM Practice is a robust yoga offering – mantra, yoga asana and philosophy, meditation – that is designed to help you move with and enjoy the natural flow of life. This is a foundational practice that is intended to support you through all phases of life. The practice can be modified to meet your needs each day.
During this teacher training we will use this foundational practice to explore all the different facets and underpinnings of a yoga practice and how to teach them.
At Bayou Bliss we have put together a 6 month long training that will allow you to
- Develop a deep personal yoga and meditation practice
- Learn the foundations of a lifelong yoga practice including
- Physical anatomy of yoga asana
- Energetic underpinnings of a yoga practice including in depth understand of the subtle bodies, energetic anatomy of yoga asana and sequencing
- Mastery of one yoga sequence including modifications and adjustments
- Yoga Nidra
- Yogic Philosophy
- Foundational sanskrit
- Use of mantra in a yogic practice
- Pranayama and Kriyas
- Basic Ayurvedic concepts
The goal of this training is that you will have such a deep understanding of these topics it will become easy to share them with others in a yoga class as a yoga teacher or in daily life.
- Gain understanding, experience and confidence in offering amazing hands on assists
- Culitative a deeper connection to your authentic self and true voice so that teaching yoga or simply expressing your truth becomes easy and effortless.
This training qualifies for Yoga Alliance 200 Teacher Training and will certify you to teach The OM Practice.
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras – two different translations
Meditation Made Easy, Lorin Roche
Hatha Yoga Pradipika, by Swami Muktibodhananda
Wheels of Life, Anodea Judith
Anatomy & Yoga, Ellen Saltonstall
Other Training Requirements
Program will provide guidelines for documenting:
- 40 days of personal practice
- 40 days of meditation practice
- 40 days of mantra practice
- 6 full practice classes
- 3 lead meditations
- 3 lead yoga nidra sessions
3 book reports, at least 2 pages long with 12ppt font – Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Meditation for Beginners, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Yoga Teacher Training – The OM Practice has two parts.
Part One – Intensive Immersion
This seven day immersion will give you a fresh start for a new cycle. Seven days immersed in yoga practice, yoga philosophy, yogic diet and more. You will finish the week with a deep understanding of a yogic practice.
Summer Session – July 15-22 – 7am-7pm at Bayou Bliss Yoga
*includes ayurvedic breakfast and lunch
Part Two – Going Deeper
2 Saturdays a month plus 1 three day weekend
With the foundation in place , the Saturday sessions together will allow us to dive deeper into a variety of topics including hands on assists, Thai Yoga, Sanskrit and much more.
Saturdays – 10am-7pm – July 29, Aug 5, Sept 16, Oct 7 & 21, Nov 4 & 18, plus one three day weekend September 2,3&4
Student Teaching required – 6-7:30am – Nov 27 – Dec 1
Graduation Day Dec 2 10-7pm
*includes ayurvedic lunch each day
Part 1 and 2 need to be completed within two years to qualify for certification. Payment Plans are available.
1st Full Winter/Spring Session January – June 2017
Please don’t hesitate to call or email with questions